Use administration module consists of
MX supplies a set of Permissions to control the access to various features of the application.
Permissions are system-managed objects (defined in schema.owl) and can be re-uploaded into the system from Administration -> Operation Settings -> Load Schema. Users will not be able to create, delete, or make any changes to these.
List of available Permissions in the system can be accessed from: Administration -> Master Data Management -> Permissions
Note: There could be cases where Permission is missing in the system e.g. additional Permission in schema.owl but not loaded to the system. Refer to below example:
In this case, UI CUSTOMISING PERMISSION is available but not created in the system. To resolve this, go to Administration -> Operation Settings -> Load Schema to reload the schema objects.
Roles are available under Administration -> Master Data Management -> Role.
Example: Creating a new role for admin user.
Create a role and named it ROLE_ADMIN (or a name of your choice).
Next, assign permission ADMIN PERMISSION to the newly created role.
Alternatively, you can assign All Permissions which includes Admin Permissions.
Role also comes with concepts such as:
- UI Profile – Which UI components are hidden/disabled for this role
- Restriction Rules
- Read Restriction Rules: Defines what quotes the role cannot see based on specified condition
- Create Objects for Role: Deprecated. This was used to control access to create objects for other roles
- Create Objects for Hierarchy: Deprecated. This used to control access to create objects for another role Hierarchy
- Access Data of Role: Deprecated. This was used to control access to data from other roles.
- Access Data of Hierarchy: Deprecated. This used to control access data from another role hierarchy.
- Editable Price Item: The price item types that this role can use in Quote pricing screen for creating new price item types.
- Readable Price Item: The price item types that this role can see in Quote pricing. Note that all editable price items are automatically readable.
- Workbook Template: The excel templates that are used in excel upload to create line items.
- Report Template: Excel and PDF. These are role specific report templates used in Quote Proposal Generation.
- Role Authority: Deprecated, but still need to have value. This was used to control access to data.
User Management can be accessed from Administration -> User Management. Users can be created and license can be assigned.
Most of the data points on a user are self-explanatory. Few notes:
- User Name: Needs to be unique in the system
- Language: Preferred user language, the system will try to create user session in this language first.
- Role: User can only be assigned to one Role.
- User Status: Active/Inactive/Locked, only Active users can log into the system.
- Auth Provider: Local or hcp i.e. use MX local authentication or SAP Cloud Platform IDP authentication service.
- External ID: The ID of user in CRM system.
- ERP ID: The ID of the user in ERP system.
- Assign License: User will not be able to login without license assigned.
Sales Team is accessible from Administration -> User Management -> Sales Team.
You can create a sales team and assign users to it as team members.
The sales team can be used for following purposes:
- To tag in notes, if done so all the members in the team will get email notification
- To restrict the product shown to a user in product catalog while quoting. This is achieved by assigning products to sales team.