A lot of the information entry is a tedious work for a sales person but needs to be done. Many times, that information is data entry such as tender specific info to a line item, some additional flags, and so on. Hence anything that helps the sales person entering this information as easy as possible is via the quote’s line-item table without changing the screen for each item.
This release will allow users to customize what details they would need shown on the quotation page. Particularly for unique sales attribute items within product details, such customization would be additionally useful. See below some customization examples possible:
- Enhanced line-item data entry speed and readability for overall improvement in user productivity
- The user may adjust table columns to show more product details without having to click into each line item
- Having details shown on the lines allows for an easier overview of items on the quotation
- Define customized quote line-item table view with selective information types/attributes.
- Selective information about the line-item.
- Name and re-name system-wide, let user decide what to see, usage of UI Profile.
- Power with scripting and triggering on expected trigger points.
- Flexibility to change settings of column and action button.
- Action buttons are now all moved to the left of each line item.
Quote Line-Items Table
The quote line-items table is the representation of all line-item positions and pricing of a quotation document to the customer. This overview serves also to overlook details to each individual line-item such as unit price, quantity, discounts, remarks, etc. Furthermore, additional sales item specific details can be displayed on the quote line-item table to help the user efficiently controlling or entering data, data which may differ from company to company.
Some businesses require e.g., tender-specific data to be brought forward, some other requires ETO flags, some other prefer Incoterms, or any other information to be brought to the line-items table.
The user may define the right view for executing the work based on available information type data available. View configuration can be modified and persisted as long as the cache is kept via Settings on the quote line-items table screen.
Figure 2: Selecting Information Types to be display via Quote line-items table's Setting menu.
All sales item attributes, which are found under Sales Item -> Overview, can be made available on the quote line-items table, via selection:
Figure 3: Standard view without any Schema or UI customization of sales item attribute.
Customization of Sales Item Attributes & Quote Line-items Table
The quote line-items table can be customized by the business administrator to match the sales item attribute’s definition in name, type, and permission according to the business’ requirements.
Figure 4: Custom sales item attributes provided for settings selection.
Note: Admin & User can only update BDA (Business Dynamic Attribute), updating BRA (Business Relational Attribute) is restricted by the system.
Sales Item Attributes Customization
- In application schema extension define type & naming of salesItemAttributeXX
Figure 5: salesItemAttribute8 customization in application-schema-ext.owl
Figure 6: salesItemAttribute8 became “Ship-to-Partner” on the sales line-item’s Overview screen.
- In messages properties define localization values of salesItemAttributeXX
Figure 7: Language localization of salesItemAttribute8 for the UI use
Figure 8: SalesItemAttribute8 shows now on UI (Information type on quote line-item table) as "Ship-to-Partner".
- Repeat for all language localizations step 2.
- Rebuild/-deploy tenant for customization in step 1 (step 2 customizations are included)
- Step 2 & 3 customizations require solely a reload of Schema under Administration -> Operation Settings -> Load Schema.
Tip: This feature supports using scripts that update sales item-specific information. Many ideas for the business relevant info may be implemented here, e.g. show EBIT, margin, ship-to-partner and many more.
Note: be aware that the user must “Restore” the Information Settings in case the localizations are updated during operation and use.
Note: Limitation. Currently the Product > Product Settings do offer a limited control of the read & write permissions of information types on the quote line-items table. The salesItemAttribute1 to salesItemAttribute15 may currently not be set via this configuration screen.
Note: Limitation. BRA Datatypes are currently not supported for use on Quote Line-Item table.
Exemplary Use of the Quote Line item table
Figure 1: Quote Table - Fast entry of line-item specific data demo scenario