The quote line-items table is the representation of all line-item positions and pricing of a quotation document to the customer. Additional sales item-specific details can be displayed on the quote line-item table to help the user(s) control or enter data efficiently, data which may differ from company to company.
The quote table allows the user(s) to customize details they would need to be shown on the quotation page. Particularly for unique sales attribute items within product details, such customization would be additionally useful.
This feature enhanced line-item data entry speed and readability for overall improvement in user productivity. The user(s) may adjust table columns to show more product details without having to click on each line item whilst having details shown on the lines allows for an easier overview of items on the quotation.
- Define customized quote line-item table view with selective information types/attributes.
- Selective information about the line item.
- Name and re-name system-wide, let the user decide what to see, usage of UI Profile.
- Power with scripting and triggering on expected trigger points.
- Flexibility to change settings of column and action button.
- Action buttons are now all moved to the left of each line item.
Quote Line-Items Table
Users can always use the catalog, to find a configurable product or nonconfigurable variant and add it to the line item table, but that usually required multiple clicks. As part of usability improvement, if the product name or ID is known, the user can simply search and add. at least 3 characters have to be entered for the search to start.
The user(s) may also add a product under a specific line item number. For example, adding a product underline 1.2 subcategories. Simply check the box, search for a product then click on the '+' icon. The product will automatically be added as 1.2.1
Object Reference/Custom Links
You can link one internal object to another. A custom field can be added to establish relationships among objects. For example, a Sales Item Attribute can capture a reference to a sub-quote. And on every sub quote, you can have a reference to the parent Quote.
You can also have custom fields to capture external links and open these deep links in a new browser tab. This can be helpful if you want to launch a record from another connected application. This enhancement treats a specific text field as a hyperlink and opens the target in a new browser tab providing the flexibility to create references between object records and navigation.
Note: The link will continue to work even when the field is read-only.
External URL Link
This supports navigation in a new tab ONLY. Sales Item Attribute can be modified to capture a reference to Quote or an external link.
This supports navigation within the same session and selecting/editing quote references. A custom field can reference another internal object. Users can easily select a record, using search help as well as navigate using the hyperlink.
Customization of Sales Item Attributes and Quote Line-items Table
The quote line-items table can be customized by the business administrator to match the sales item attribute’s definition in name, type, and permission according to the business’ requirements. Custom sales item attributes are provided for settings selection.
Note: Admin and User can only update BDA (Business Dynamic Attribute), updating BRA (Business Relational Attribute) is restricted by the system.
Sales Item Attributes Customization
- In application schema extension define the type and naming of salesItemAttributeXX
- salesItemAttribute8 customization in application-schema-ext.owl
- salesItemAttribute8 became “Ship-to-Partner” on the sales line-item’s Overview screen.
- In messages properties define localization values of salesItemAttributeXX
- Language localization of salesItemAttribute8 for the UI using
- SalesItemAttribute8 shows now on UI (Information type on quote line-item table) as "Ship-to-Partner".
- Repeat for all language localizations step 2.
- Rebuild/-deploy tenant for customization in step 1 (step 2 customizations are included)
- Step 2 and 3 customizations require solely a reload of Schema under 'Administration' > 'Operation Setting's > 'Load Schema'.
Tip: This feature supports using scripts that update sales item-specific information.
Note: User must “Restore” the Information Settings in case the localizations are updated during operation and use. For limitations, BRA Datatypes are currently not supported for use on the Quote Line-Item table, and Currently, the Product > Product Settings do offer limited control of the read and write permissions of information types on the quote line-items table. The salesItemAttribute1 to salesItemAttribute15 may currently not be sent via this configuration screen.