System Task feature allows administrator to create and schedule jobs to run periodically. This can be done from System Processes -> System Task -> Master Data -> create new task
Steps to configure
Go to Master Data tab, click on the + button to create a new task and fill in the mandatory fields Name, CRON Expression, and Task Resource, where:
- Name: The name of the task
- External Id: Optional
- ERP id: Optional
- CRON Expression: The CRON expression in String. (More information on cron expression: https://www.freeformatter.com/cron-expression-generator-quartz.html)
- Task Resource: Five types of task are supported
- Account Sync Job: To sync account from ERP
- Delete Sync History job: To delete the Sync History
- Product Sync Job: To sync product from ERP
- ERP Table Sync Job: To sync table from ERP
- Report Sync Job: To sync MX report data to external system
- Active: To enable/disable the task. (A task can only be disabled when it is not running)
- Lookup Table: The target table to synchronize from ERP. (This field is only applicable for Task Resource ERP Table Sync Job)
Once the task is saved, a notification will show when the task is active and scheduled, and it'll run automatically on the schedule you specified.
From the administration UI, MX consolidates with previous product, account and report synchronization screens into a central place to administrate easily. MX also introduces a monitoring dashboard, i.e. System Tasks to show.
The Tasks panel is the monitoring dashboard showing which tasks are running and which process unit it completes the run. The detail of each field is described as below:
- ID: The record ID in the table
- System Task: The business object of the system task.
- Task Name: The name of the task.
- Task Resource: The type of the task
- Process ID: The HANA process ID. It is to indicate the task is running on which process if MX is running on multi processes (compute unit).
- Last Modified: The time when the task started to run.
The task will be removed from the table when it is finished. If any record is left in the table inappropriately, administrator can select and delete the record from the table.