How to upload as new knowledge base?
How can the user download a knowledge base model of one product from System A and wanted upload that product model into System B or same system with different name?
Step 1: Download the existing product KB from System A
- Select an existing KnowledgeBase and click Download Icon
- Click Download button to download the existing knowledge base selected.
Step 2: Remove the ID value in sheet
- Removed the ID value in the following sheet by unhiding all columns in each sheet
- PRODUCT BOM
- Change the name of new product or keep it as it is if a product modeler wanted to create the product with same name.
Step 3: Open the new product in System B or same system
- Search the product in System B using Name or ERP ID
- If it is not found, create new Product using UI (See Also Section 3 )
- Make sure that the name or ERP ID of the product is same as the one defined in PRODUCT sheet for the row marking as MAIN PRODUCT
- Click Confirm to upload the knowledge downloading from other system or same system as new product model.
How to make the Product BOM available for BOM Explosion rule?
A product modeler has created the Product BOM. However, the products inside the Product BOM were not listed to create the BOM trigger rule. The reason is mainly because of the knowledgebase has not linked with any BOM.
The knowledgebase must link with BOM as shown below. Only when knowledge base has linkage with BOM, a product modeler can see the product list during the BOM Explosion rule definition.
How to define the sales org-based range restriction?
This can be done with the feature mentioned in Product Rules Definition - How to Define range restriction based on single Quote Attribute. However, a product modeler can also make use of excel to define the range restriction of some DA value only by Sales Organization or Quote Attribute.
- First of all, the KBTriggerRelation or QuoteAttribute with SearchExpression, Quote().hasSalesOrg.objectERPId (See also Product Characteristics Definition -Quote Attributes (KBTriggerRelation) )
- Download the knowledge base with Sales Org ERP ID in Advanced Tab and specify the number of sales organizations to be used to restrict the DA value.
- Select the ATTRIBUTE_RANGE sheet where a product modeler can assign the sales organization beside each range value as shown below.
- Upload the excel and confirm
How to define the knowledge base specific range restriction?
The knowledge base specific range restriction basically means that some other DA are not restricting the value of the DA but the knowledge base itself. For example, we had attribute called DA1 and its range values are 1,2,3,4,5. However, we wanted to restrict DA1 to be 1,2 if it is used in Product A and DA1 to be 3,4,5 if that DA1 is used in Product B. In order to do that, a product can define the range restriction rule as mentioned in Product Rules Definition - Understanding the concept of Range Restriction.
In order to define the knowledge base specific range restriction,
- Download the knowledge base with Range (White List)
- Add or Remove the Attribute that a product modeler wanted to restrict the range value by Knowledge Base
Upload the excel and new rule was automatically created with a name called Knowledge Base Specific Range