Abbreviation used in the document:
|SSC||Sales Solution Configurator|
|IPE||Internal Price Engine|
The following terms and phrases are commonly used in the context of Sales Platform product. Each of them is followed by a brief description and it may include a link to more in-depth documentation of that subject.
|Term / Phrase||Description|
|Pricing Scheme||Pricing scheme is the scheme that determines how the price will be calculated for each of the sales item, for the entire quote.|
|Pricing Procedure||Pricing procedure is the specific term for pricing scheme used in SSC engine.|
Before 1908 release, MX supports only one pricing procedure for SSC Engine and only one active pricing scheme for internal price engine. Price calculation can be different according to different customers, different sales areas, etc. In this case, one pricing scheme approach is insufficient and requires multiple active pricing procedures/schemes at the same time to fulfill the needs of different customers. From 1908 release, MX supports pricing scheme determination for SSC price engine and internal price engine.
Changes and Enhancements
Here are some process changes and enhancements for SSC engine in 1908r.
- Even though several pricing procedures existed in ERP, MX only loads and supports pricing procedure(s) which is maintained in pricing procedure white list. This pricing procedure white list has been moved to setting.
- To support legacy quotes, MX uses the default pricing procedure to open the quote. In SSC engine, default pricing procedure is the first available pricing procedure in SSC white list.
- The quote is not allowed to open unless pricing procedure is ready. This will introduce the sequence of loading.
- Pricing procedure refresh can be done via UI, previously it can only be done from JMX console. This refresh will also clear the SSC cache for pricing procedure and pricing condition types.
- All active pricing schemes can be seen in UI easily.
Below is changes for IPE’s user,
- To support legacy quotes, MX uses the default pricing procedure to open the quote. In IPE, it is the only one active pricing scheme or explicitly set as default one.
- User can define the default pricing scheme if more than one active pricing schemes existed.
Default pricing procedure/pricing scheme is the fallback pricing procedure/pricing scheme if active pricing procedure/scheme is not found for given quotation.
Maintain Multiple Pricing Procedures
Before 1908 release, SSC pricing procedure white list is maintained in “application.properties” via com.imc.webapp.app.ssc.ppwhitelist. Starting from 1908 release, the SSC pricing procedure white list is maintained as a setting string named “Available SSC pricing procedure names maintained in comma separated format”. The whitelist in “application.properties” is no longer used. By moving pricing procedure white list from properties file to setting, the user can modify the white list without the need of server restart. User can maintain multiple pricing procedures in this setting as comma separated form.
Screenshot showing SSC Pricing Procedure White List Setting
If pricing procedure white list setting is not maintained yet,
- Maintain the current pricing procedure used in “application.properties” to setting value
- Refresh pricing procedure from UI or wait until next pricing procedure refresh interval.
Maintain Multiple Pricing Schemes
Screenshot showing Multiple Pricing Scheme in IPE
Pricing Scheme Determination Methods
Two types of determination methods are used:
- Lookup table-based determination, and
- BAPI based determination
Depending on the determination methods, the number of data points to maintain in MX are different.
A boolean setting called “Determine SSC Pricing Procedure with the use of BAPI” is used to decide which method will be used. Lookup table-based determination method is used by default. The following table shows the determination logic supported in different price engines.
Internal Price Engine
Lookup table-based Determination
BAPI based Determination
Determination using Lookup Table
Lookup table-based pricing scheme determination logic is based on five data points.
- Sales Organization
- Distribution Channel
- Customer Pricing Procedure
- Document Pricing Procedure
In MX, a lookup table with name “T683V” is maintained to hold the pricing scheme determination logic. This lookup table needs to be synced from ERP for SSC engine. But for IPE, users must maintain that table according to their needs. The exact match is used to find the pricing procedure with above data points. For example, the quote has only sales org, distribution channel and division and does not have document type pricing procedure indicator and customer pricing procedure indicator, the record will retrieve only with these three data points (sales org, distribution channel and division).
The following screenshot shows the T683V table. The contents of the table are subject to user’s maintenance.
Screenshot showing T683V’s records
Note that the pricing procedure is the pricing scheme name for IPE.
Screenshot showing a T683V’s record
Document pricing procedure is also a new data point introduced in 1908 release. It needs to maintain as master data of MX. User can go and maintain document pricing procedure from “Master Data Management: SalesDocumentType”.
Screenshot for document pricing procedure
Customer pricing procedure is a new data point introduced in 1908 release. If the customer (account in MX) is synchronized from ERP directly, this data point will be synchronized together with other sales area information. To maintain customer pricing procedure, open to selected account, go to “Sales Info” tab.
Screenshot for customer pricing procedure
Pricing Procedure = Sales Organization + Distribution Channel + Division
+ Customer Pricing Procedure + Document Pricing Procedure
Determination using BAPI
“ISA_FIND_PRICING_PROCEDURE” BAPI is used to find applicable pricing procedure name for given data.
Five data points are used for BAPI input. These are
- Sales Organization
- Distribution Channel
- Customer which is account ERP ID
- Sales Document Type ERP ID
BAPI output is the pricing procedure name. In this approach, no additional data need to be maintained in MX system.
Pricing Scheme Usage
The determined pricing scheme is assigned to quote at the time of creation. The related pricing scheme/procedure can be found in “Overview” tab.