When defining a search using time-related fields or partner functions, ‘Relative Selects’ cater to creating more generic search queries that can be re-used on a regular basis. The Digital Sales Platform provides two (2) types of Relative Selects:
- Relative date and time select; queries that can be constructed using relative selects can be e.g. ‘Year-to-Date’, ‘Last Two Quarters’, ‘Next 30 Days’, ‘Next Quarter’, ‘Now’, etc.
- User-related selects; examples are ‘Me / Current Logged-In User’, ‘Users in My Organization Unit’, ‘Users in my Organization Hierarchy’.
Relative Date and Time Selects
The application delivers a set of predefined relative date and time selects that are available to end-users when searching for specific business objects, for example:
If specific search queries cannot be solved using the predefined date selects, an administrator can create new selects to meet the business requirements.
- Under the administrator work center, go to ‘Master Data’->’Relative Select’.
- Create a new entry by clicking on the ‘+’ icon and select the newly created entry.
- Provide a name for the relative select and choose the respective unit (days, weeks, months, quarters, or years).
- The offset indicates how many units from today’s date the resulting date should be.
- An offset of zero means today
- A negative offset means a date in the past will be referenced
- A positive offset means a date in the future will be referenced
- In addition to reference the same day (e.g. if today is May 7th and month with an offset of ‘1’ has been chosen, the resulting day will be June 7th), months, quarters, and years also have the option to reference the first or last day of the selected period (e.g. if today is May 7th, and month with an offset of ‘1’ has been chosen and the last day option has been selected, the resulting day will be Jun 30th).
*Note: As of 20/05, there is only one (1) relative time select which is ‘Now’. Additional custom time selects cannot be created.
Relative User Selects
The pre-delivered filters are:
- Me / Current Logged-In User
- Users in My Organization Unit
- Users in my Organization Hierarchy’
These selects are readily available for end-users to be used whenever a partner function or when a user field (e.g. ‘Owner’, ‘Creator’, etc.) is used.
*NOTE: As of 20/05, other relative user selects cannot be created. This will be available at a later release.
Article is closed for comments.