Introduction to Quotes
After the opportunity has been nurtured and the customer wants to move forward with next steps, the sales representative would convert an opportunity into a quote, indicating the next step in the sales cycle. The quote will be enriched with respective line items indicating which products the customers want to purchase. Using the products, configuration data as well as quantities, pricing information is derived and stored on the quote. Once the quote is ready to be presented to a customer, a proposal document can be generated to summarize the products contained therein. Eventually, the proposal can be shared with the customer and upon acceptance, the quote can be converted into an order and submitted to ERP.
Quotes provide sophisticated functionality specifically tailored to manufacturing industries, including the following (but not limited to) features which will be further explained in this chapter:
- Configuration of complex and engineered-to-order products
- Collaboration and quote routing capabilities
- Approvals for quotes that exceed certain thresholds (e.g. too much discount given, high price quotes, etc.)
- Advanced activity management
- Penny-perfect pricing
- Guided Selling
Acquire additional information Quote management allows users to churn out proposals to customers with the right product, configuration, and pricing quickly. During the quoting process, the application supports collaboration among the team through the routing feature. It also supports a robust rule-based approval process.
Supported by guided selling, cross-sell and up-sell information, and visual guardrails of which materials specific to each deal.
Account Selection Pop-Up
The Account selection popup now includes an "External Id" column, enhancing search capabilities for users in large datasets.
- Search Abilities with "External Id" Column: The Account selection popup introduces a dedicated "External Id" column. This enhancement improves user search capabilities, making it easier to find and access specific accounts within large datasets. The "External Id" column streamlines account selection, boosting efficiency.
- UI Profiling: The "External Id" column is seamlessly integrated with UI profiling, granting administrators control over its visibility. This feature ensures sensitive information remains secure and is accessible only to authorized users, combining functionality with data protection.
- Last Queried Information Persistence: Furthermore, the popup now stores and reuses the last queried information. When users reopen the popup, it saves them time and effort, creating a more efficient and user-friendly experience.