The user can export accounts from C4C to MX where he/she can create opportunity or quote in MX and export quote back to C4C from MX.
During the exporting of account from C4C to MX, the MX will also synchronize the account-related data including addresses and contacts of account. Once the web service has been setup in C4C using HTML Mashup or URL Mashup, the user can now export Account from C4C system into MX. For HTML Mashup, depending on where you put the embedded component, the MX login page will be shown inside the C4C.
- Log in to our system MX.
- After logging in successfully, the account will be exported to MX if the account was not found in MX or will be synchronized if the account was already inside the MX. Figure 92 shows an example of an Account View of MX inside the C4C system.
While importing the account from C4C, the MX will also synchronize the account if the account from C4C already exists in MX. The following processes will be done during synchronization.
- Updating the account header such as account name, account status (such as active/inactive), account ECC ID, industry, main address, etc.)
- Importing the Sales Info
- Creating New Address and Contact
- Importing new addresses found inside the C4C.
- Importing new contacts found inside the C4C.
- Deleting Non-Used Addresses and Contacts
- Deleting those addresses of account with an external id that are not found in C4C as well as are not used in other business objects.
- Deleting those contacts of account with an external id which are found in C4C as well as are not used in other business objects.
The sync button will also be appeared in the Account Details page as well as inside the account overview page for those accounts which were imported from an external system such as (C4C/SFDC).
Exceptions during Exporting Account from C4C
- IMPORT FAILED: The certificate expired.
- This MX could be due to the web service certificate had expired on C4C system.
- You can contact the person who has an administration role in the C4C system to regenerate the new certificate and upload it into MX via the CMIS upload tab of the administration page in MX.
External System Not Found in MX
- Synchronization not possible. No external system is not specified.
- This MX will happen if the account needs to be synchronized as it was already imported into MX. However, the external setting to specify the external system was not found.
- Please define the external system (such as CFC or SFDC) to be synchronized.
Account without Name/Description
- IMPORT FAILED: The account name is missing in the external system.
- If the account does not have name/description, the MX will fail to import the account from C4C as it is used to assign the business type short text of an account.
- Please define the name/description of the Account in C4C.