As shown in the screenshot below:
- The product needs to be assigned a Category
- The Restrict flag needs to be set to 'No'
- The Classification filed should be "Consumable", "Spare Parts" or "Product". The product can be used for Machines.
If category and classification are not maintained then the product is filtered from the commerce search result.
If the restrict flag is Yes, and the read restriction condition "Product visible to commerce" is active then the API will filter out the product in commerce.
Setup for components in Bill Of Material
For commerce inquiry, it is usually desired to have a Bill of Material calculated based on configuration. Also, the sub-components (products) which are in the Bill of material shouldn't be sold/inquired independently.
To ensure that these sub-components are available in Bill-of-material but not in the search results, the suggested setup is to keep them unrestricted but filter from a commerce product search.
- The products in Bill-of-material (BOM) should not be restricted in commerce. Bill-of-material explosion will fail if one of the products has read restriction.
- In commerce, if you do not want the product in BOM to be visible in search results i.e. purchased or inquired independently- you can do so by either removing classification or category value on such a product. This way API can still ready the product, but it is hidden/filtered from the commerce search results.
You will also need to ensure that you maintain the images, attachments, and rich text of the products. The screenshot below shows where you can maintain the rich text and product labels and it should be ensured that they are correctly maintained.
More options to toggle 'Yes' or 'No' to indicate if a product is a restricted item or assign them as the main product image.
'Products' > (select the product) > 'General Information' > 'Product Images
You can also maintain the Attributes, Groups, and Sub-Groups' descriptions, attachments, and rich texts in Product's knowledgebase. as shown below:
Ensure the right Sales Area Restrictions are implemented for each Product.