Outlook Integration allows you to work within MX without having the need to leave your inbox. This will let you gain an efficiency in your daily customer conversations. It ensures transparency on the state of each engagement across the organization.
We do support integration for the following scenarios
- Outlook Add-In (Client-based integration)
- Based on an inbound email, the add-in will determine known contacts, related accounts as well as related opportunities and quotes.
- The user can then associate the email in Outlook with any of the aforementioned objects in CRM.
- When manually syncing an email, the integration engine will try to map email addresses to known contacts in CRM. If an email address cannot be resolved to a contact, the email activity in CRM will provide a convenient way to discover and create a new contact helping the sales rep to auto-populate the application in a convenient way (refer to 'Auto-Create and Discover New Contacts' for additional information).
- The user can furthermore search objects in CRM via the Outlook Add-in, create new Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities or Quotes.
- Tasks and Meetings can also be synched with CRM using a similar approach when synching emails with CRM.
- Additional information about the Add-in can be found here: Outlook Add-in.
Note: The Outlook integration requires additional licenses. Contact your customer success manager on obtaining licenses as well as receiving the installation file for the Add-in itself.