User Authenticating Access to CRM and Outlook
To configure the end user's email inbox, select 'Activities' > 'My Sync Settings' in CRM which will bring up the login screen where the credentials need to be entered to sign in to CRM. After a successful sign-in, the IMC connection status should be Green.
To connect to the user's email account:
- Click on the Gear Icon in the "MAIL SERVER CONNECTION STATUS"
- Select the Office 365 option.
- Sign in using your email credentials.
In this section, the user can change Email credentials as well as troubleshoot failed synchronization jobs.
Note: as soon as the end-user is successfully signed into both, CRM and the email inbox, the integration will perform the following steps:
- Add-in will be installed (refer to 'Add-In Installation' for additional information).
- Email inbox will be prepared for synchronization (refer to the next section below).
- Synchronization will be enabled (refer to the next section below).
Administration Via 'Groupware Administration' Tab in CRM
An admin user can perform several actions on a user level as outlined in the following figure and table:
|Delete||Attempts to delete the user. If there are pre-existing conditions that prevent the deletion, the system will render an appropriate error|
|Force Delete||Hard delete of the user; should only be used in exceptional cases and only when advised by Customer Success.|
|Force Synchronization||Executes a synchronization immediately (does not wait for the next sync cycle).|
|Enable / Disable Synchronization||Suspends the synchronization job.|
|Reset Mailbox||Removes all changes made to the inbox (e.g. creation of separate 'In Mind Cloud' folders, categories, synchronized contacts, etc.).|
|(Re-)Initialize Mailbox||Sets the inbox to an initial state required by the synchronization.|
|Check Settings||Performs a generic check on connectivity, add-in status, etc.|
|Check CRM Connectivity||Checks the CRM connection|
|Check Mailbox Connectivity||Checks the inbox connection|
|Install Revenue Grid...||Allows an admin to install the Add-In at the user's inbox|
|Check Add-In Status||Checks the Add-In status|
|Remove Add-In||Removes the Add-In from the user's inbox|
The user(s) may also manually perform the following steps for the respective actions:
|Action||Steps to Perform|
|Enable End User Sync||
|Disable End User Sync||
|Completely Remove End User Functionality||
Similarly - not all - options are available for mass user maintenance:
Syncing Contacts, Emails, Meeting and Task
After the server-side integration is set up and the user's inbox is initialized, the integration engine will create the following inside the respective groupware system:
- In Mind Cloud Folders under Contacts, Emails, Meeting, Task
- Categories for Flagging Emails, Meetings, and Tasks
All CRM contacts will be synced to the user's address book inside the respective folder under' Contacts'. Changes will be replicated bi-directionally, meaning if contact is changed locally in an address book, the updates will be replicated to CRM and vice-versa.
Emails can be synced using the following options:
1. By flagging the email using the CRM category. Select 'Tags' > 'Categorize' > 'CRM'
2. Drag and drop emails into the respective folder 'In Mind Cloud Emails'.
3. If the auto-track email is ON (i.e. ServiceAutoTrackEmails = 1 ), then all emails will be synced to Outlook provided they have a matching contact email as a sender or recipient.
4. Manually, via the add-in. (For more information, please refer to 'Using the Outlook Add-In'.
Emails Cropping Enablement
User(s) have the option to save an entire email thread or crop only the desired content from emails in Outlook to the Digital Sales Platform.
Set up the parameters and default settings for the whole account and individual users though the Digital Sales Platform. Go to 'Activities' > 'Groupware Administration' > 'Global Settings' > 'Settings' > search for 'crop'
|Cropping Default Value||Cropping Enabled||Descriptions||Outlook Illustration|
Option to crop threaded emails is automatically enabled, and may be disabled.
Option to crop threaded emails is automatically enabled, and may NOT be disabled.
Option to crop threaded emails is automatically disabled, and may be enabled.
Option to crop threaded emails is automatically disabled, and may NOT be enabled.
To view the saved email on the Digital Sales Platform, go to ‘Activities’ > ‘All Emails’ > click on the latest saved email > click on the icon to expand the view:
For additional information, please refer to 'Using the Outlook Add-In'.
A meeting can be synced using the following options:
1. By flagging the Meeting using the CRM category.
2. By dropping the Meeting into the respective folder (In Mind Cloud Events)
1. By creating or updating tasks in the "In Mind Cloud Task" Folder
Note: The sync cycle is set to 30 minutes.
To completely remove end-users and revoke the functionality, the following steps need to be carried out:
Suspends server-side synchronization features for the selected user
Removes the Outlook add-in from the user's inbox. This can also be done manually by the end-user. Refer to 'Installing / De-installing the Add-In' for additional information.
This will remove any integration-related categories created in the user's inbox.
Delete / Force Delete
This will remove the user from the provisioned users.
Manual Step: Delete all folders in the user's inbox
If desired, the folders created for emails, contacts, and tasks in the user's inbox need to be manually removed.