Data Selection / Filtration in ERP
- MX uses database views in ERP to check which objects should be synced to MX. This is also applicable to equipment sync. We recommend maintaining all the views below at one time.
- Database views in ERP can be created using transaction SE11.
Please take note that Database filters might return duplicated records since ERP does not support DISTINCT concept when creating views. This is currently handled on MX side where duplicates are eliminated.
Equipment Sync Procedure
Create database view “Z_ISS_EQUI” with columns “EQUNR”, and “AEDAT” in ERP. This view is based on standard erp table “EQUI”. This view can do the pre-filtering of products/materials in ERP which are to be synced to MX.
Depending on the filter conditions the view might need to perform a join on different tables and a set of selection conditions.
Those filters need to be applied depending on the business case of the customer. In Mind recommends to carefully put in selection the product that should be made available in MX system as this impacts the performance of data sync. Larger the set of data more time it will take to complete the sync. Also, if the products are not sales relevant do not sync them to MX.
Manual and Explicit Equipment Synchronization
To explicitly synchronize a equipment one can, go to System processes-> ERP synchronization -> Sync Specific object.
Select Equipment and provide the full equipment id. This is shown below:
Background Equipment Synchronization
One can also run background sync by going to: System processes-> ERP synchronization clicking sync button and selecting Equipments and Run in background.
As a prerequisite for equipment sync to function, the equipment category needs to be maintained in MX. This can be done by syncing equipment category.
As a prerequisite for equipment sync to function, the equipment status needs to be maintained in MX. This needs to be added manually to the master data.
Prerequisites (Basic Data Points)
- Equipment Category
- Equipment Status
- Sales Org
- Distribution Channel
- Partner Function
For each equipment No (EQUNR), we read from table EQST the Bill of Material (STLNR) and Plant (WERKS).
We pass the Equipment number, BOM Usage and each of the Plant (WERKS) to the wrapper BAPI
CIDEON/BAPI_EQUI_BOM_READ1 and read from table STKPO for BOM Entries.
Equipment Attachments Sync
The equipment attachment synchronization is also using the same BAPI as the product attachment. Therefore, to synchronize the equipment attachments, it is necessary to wrap the following BAPI to make it remote enabled in ERP system.
- This BAPI needs to enable access by remote system by wrapping the BAPI in ERP system.
- The purpose is to get the list of internal document id of the product attachment and its property to further query to get the attachment Binary data
- This BAPI needs to enable access by remote system in ERP by wrapping the BAPI in ERP system.
- The purpose of the BAPI is to get the binary data for the specified document ID.
Once the above two BAPI has been enabled to allow remote access by external system, the following two Setting String needs to be specified by specifying the wrapper BAPI name defined above.